Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let The Light Shine!!

When you need a light to shine it usually is in an unusual place.

How many of us can remember putting a flashlight in our mouth as we worked on something with our hands in the dark?  Or for those who remember that you mom said "Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it has been!"--you would do the cheek to shoulder trick.  The more creative ones among us would use duct tape.  You can stick duct tape on anything anywhere.

Today's world has it easy.  There is now a flashlight that you can strap on your head.   There is a light that has a flex to it that wraps around anything near by.  You can even buy tools with flashlights built into them.

Light shines in the darkness.

Last week while I was in Denver, I had the opportunity to stand at the resting place of my sister, Sharon.  It is not her resting place however.  I know it is just a place where we go to see how darkness  of death is defeated.  As I stood there I had wonderful memories of her life.  I could hear her laughter.  Actually I heard both of my sister's laughter.  I recalled the music that we created and celebrated in our lives together.  It would have been so easy to sit in the darkness with out my faith.  But the light of Christ would not go away.   Even as my eyes were filled with tears, the light of eternity shone brightly.  

I have come to the conclusion that one of the great things about living a life as a Christian--a faithful Christian--is that we build a power and light station for those who will follow after us.  Our lives become a beacon to God's presence in life that will not go away.  Those who choose to live a Christ--filled life need not worry about being forgotten!  The light will always shine.  

So through this weekend, let us honor the lights of the saints that shine brightly in our world.  Let us honor them with how we choose to live.  In the darkest moments, they hold the light of Christ for us.

Pray for me as I pray for you!

In the Master's Name,

Jack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment